Sunday brunch egg cups
Today, I just want to share a quick recipe that coincidentally I made for Sunday brunch. Although I have to say its good enough to make any day of the week, even make a batch as part of your food prep ritual and eat over several days. These are super portable and easy to stuff into a food container and throw into your bag for a good dose of protein, vegetables and even a bit of carbs (depending if you like carbs or not). The only equipment you need is a muffin tin (or several) and an oven. Depending on what you use as ingredients these are very Keto and Paleo friendly.
I will put this as a recipe for 6 cups (approximately), but feel free to make more as desired. Let's get egg cupping.
- 6 eggs beaten
- 6 slices of turkey or chicken ham (usually lower in fat than the pork variety)
- 1 handful of spinach chopped
- 1 quarter of red capsicum chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 baked potato cut into cubes (substitute sweet potato or leave out if you want lower carbs)
- fresh basil chiffonade
- salt and pepper to taste
- a bit of grated cheese (I used parmesan)
- olive oil
- grease muffin tin with a bit of olive oil
- press ham slices into cups to act as the shell
- put the potato on the bottom
- layer a bit of spinach, capsicum and cherry tomato in the cup. It should be about 3/4's full
- beat the eggs with basil, salt and pepper and pour into each cup until full, but try not to overflow (it's nearly impossible anyway so don't worry about it if you do)
- top with a pinch of cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. But watch these little things carefully. Burnt egg tastes horrible.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool (I burnt my mouth on the first one) pop out of the tins and enjoy!
Pretty simple huh? Cooking healthy food doesn't have to be super complicated, in fact, you will see that it gets easier the more you do it. If you got a comment or want to shout out click on the buttons below.